Join the fifth-annual "Connecting the Dots" conference on Wednesday, April 10th, 8:30-1pm at the Schultz Center.
Keynote speaker this year is Sean McElwee, cast member from the hit television series “Born This Way”. Joining Sean is his mother, Sandra McElwee, an author and advocate for the Down syndrome community. Sandra’s presentation is “Transforming a School” - the story of how Sean was the first with any disability to be fully included in his school, and how by 4th grade the entire school transformed to an inclusive school.
Other breakout sessions include:
- Anxiety & OCD: Coping strategies for students, parents, teachers
- Verbal and Augmentative Communication Strategies (repeated)
- Building Assets & Gov't Benefits
- Positive Behavior Supports
- Local and Regional Resources, Legal Ways to Protect Rights
- Pre-employment strategies for parents and younger children
- Mental Health 101
- Self-Directed IEPs
- Healthy Living Strategies
Also presented a great lineup of 50 Community Resource agencies as vendors, and local micro-enterprises (bring money!)
Conference fee - $10. (Military FREE, Bring ID). Continental Breakfast and Snacks included. Lunch not provided.
Certificates of completion will be available after the conference.