The Jacksonville Jewish Center has received a request for help from Jewish Family and Community Services. This non-profit organization serves many in our community who are in need. At this time of year, it becomes really necessary for them to call on all of us for help with providing gifts for the holidays for children in need. Without our assistance most of these children will not have any gifts for the holidays.
JFCS currently has 1,100 children in their system. They currently have 350 of these children sponsored and still have more than 700 to provide for. And they NEED OUR HELP.
Below is a list of items that are wanted and needed by these children and we hope that you will purchase a few and bring them, unwrapped, to the Center. A special table has been set up in the Center’s DuBow/Cohen lobby for you to drop off your donations, no later than Wednesday, December 19. The bath and personal products should be full size, not sample hotel size.
- Bath and Body lotions
- Bath bombs
- Hair/nail and makeup accessories for teen girls
- Body sprays (good for boys or girls)
- Deodorants (for boys and girls)
- Soccer balls
- Gift cards for Game Stop (any amount - this is very popular for our teens)
- Gift cards for Walmart (any amount - then teens can go and get what they want/need)
- Adult coloring books and pencils
- Teen appropriate jewelry (earrings, necklaces, bracelets)
We look forward to your generosity and support.